Tuesday 22 October 2013

GOODBYE



Well as hard as I try to fight the tears they come anyways. I think I've slept a total of 6 hours in the last two days. Leaving for 6 months is one thing, leaving a home you'll probably never see again is another, and leaving your Grandparents that you've lived with for 5 years is a completely other story. Combine them into one and it creates one big pile of emotional anxiety. 

I can't even get excited at this point! We are all maxed out on luggage and my carry on is ridiculously heavy. I'm hoping as soon as we leave the house things will calm down a little because we won't be frantically looking around seeing if we left anything or have that lump siting in the back of our throats. But then the golden part...planes. I have a huge fear of planes. I'm usually the "go getter" in our family and really enjoy traveling and seeing new places, however the love of flying is not in my bones. I've flown to Mexico and Guatemala several times so the whole experience really isn't that new to me. However each time I get off those planes I kiss the ground. I HATE PLANES. Oh well, I guess if you want to see the world you HAVE to get on a stupid plane. 

What's kept me calm and balanced - to some extent is music. This afternoon everyone was buzzing around squeezing the last few items in their suitcases and cleaning their rooms and I just got so overwhelmed I honestly thought I would pass out. So I took a moment and played the piano, got lost in the music and when I stopped I had an incredible sense of peace wash over me. Although music may not do this for everyone I believe everybody has something that brings them peace, whether it's writing, drawing, walking or running. Seriously, we all have the ability to feel peace, we just need to find that thing inside of us that triggers it and we're set for life. 

This is a song that has really helped me these last few days, listen to the words carefully they mean a lot. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fqPcnuVPR8

Goodbye :)

Cheers
Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment