Tuesday 29 October 2013

What's For Breakfast?

A big part about adjusting to different cultures/situations is the willingness to try. Before I came here I was super duper picky about sanitation, especially when it came down to utensils and cleaning. The first meal we had was an omelet and I really don’t enjoy them. Then I had to grab a fork that I knew had been washed in cold water mixed in with another 20 forks that probably had food sticking to them…so I was very diligent in placing the smallest portion of my mouth on the fork while eating and attempted to have a quick chew and swallow method. This seemed to work just fine, I hardly tasted the omelet and I hadn’t used much of the fork. Little did I know the next morning we’d have omelets…and the next, and the next. Yum. No ketchup, no salt no nothing. Just plain eggs mashed together. So these last few days I’ve had to get over my dislike of omelets and I put my whole mouth on the fork! I’m congratulating myself. Ask anyone who knows me and they’ll say I’m the pickiest person when it comes to mouth sanitation. I never share water bottles…except for now because there’s no drinking water coming out of taps so that’s another thing I’ve had to adjust to! Man look how far I’ve come in just 4 days! I’m making progress!! Oh and I have a new motto...fast and furious. Works for everything I do, showering in cold water, eating and of course going to the bathroom without a toilet seat and ants and cockroaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment