Thursday 17 October 2013

One Week



One week...one flipping week until I venture across the globe with 150lbs of luggage and a guitar! The reality that I'm leaving this beautiful country hasn't quite set it, and I don't believe it will until I get on the plane...even then it still seems like a vacation. I don't think anyone can comprehend the culture shock or the experiences we will have...that's why I call it a leap of faith. 

Our home is ALMOST all packed up. The other day I had to drink out of a bowl because I couldn't find any cups. We've been eating everything from our freezer and food storage, which consists of a lot of processed food. YUCK. 

I'm so ready to leave it's unreal. Today I was packing up my suitcases and my Mom was very clear that we must distribute things evenly among our 3 bags. When we weighed them to get an idea of how heavy two of them were they ended up both being EXACTLY 38lbs EACH! Beautiful I know. 
I have a small piece of advice for those packing for a long period of time...big suitcases doesn't mean more stuff! I was really concerned about finding BIG suitcases, but in the end you can't put anymore in it if it's over 50lb...even if it's still half empty :( 

Well I don't have the precious time to sit and type even though there's loads of things I want to say :) I'm sure however that once in Uganda I will have plenty of time to update my blog :) 

Cheers
Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment