Tuesday 7 January 2014

5 TIPS TO STAYING MOTIVATED!

This first week of 2014 has been quite interesting. Usually the New Year is such an ecstatic time, with everyone re-motivated for the year, planning out goals and resolutions etc. But this year I just haven’t gotten that same thrill – probably because I didn’t have an epic celebration to start 2014, because I’m in Uganda J I often find that I, along with most people, lose the momentum of the New Year, and within a couple months, if not weeks have fallen back into the casualness of life, letting the big dreams and goals vanish into the forgotten. BUT, over the last year I’ve discovered some tips to staying motivated and inspired ALL YEAR ROUND!

1.   Make a monthly plan. Instead of scoping out a whole year plan that can change like the weather, take time the 1st day of each month to write down your goals for that month!
2.   Begin with the end in mind. Think about the big picture; you should already have a picture in your mind before you begin painting the canvas.
3.   Encourage yourself. Your biggest enemy is probably yourself; you’re just so honest, and have no problem pointing out the negative you see in the mirror. But if you can turn that negative into positive, holy cow can you empower yourself to do amazing things! Wake up and say something positive about yourself, and never give up.
4.   Surround yourself with things that motivate YOU. Everyone has different things that motivate them; for me its music – it makes me run faster, organize thoughts for writing and calms my busy mind. Find something that really triggers you to do greatness; something that gets your head working and feet moving and bam, you’ll be motivated for life!
5.   Keep your life clean and organized. It’s hard to focus if you’re in a messy room. Slipping on clothes or stubbing toes is not the ideal working environment. So keep your room and office tidy so you can focus on more important tasks and not get frustrated because you can’t find important documents. And it’ll help you to not feel so overwhelmed J

These are tips I’ve applied to my own life, and jolly goodness when I actually follow them great things happen! Push yourself this year by dedicating yourself to this list. If you do you’re bond to complete all the goals on that list of yours, and trust me, there’s nothing better than seeing a check mark in every single box!

Cheers

Savannah  

No comments:

Post a Comment